Assignments and activities within the online courses must take into account the strengths, needs, learning expectations, and accommodations identified in the student’s IEP. Accommodations throughout the course may include the following
- Reducing the workload
- Simplifying tasks and materials
- Providing more time for learning and completing activities.
Exam and test accommodations may include but are not limited to:
- Providing extra time for tests and exams
- Allowing scribing of answers or reading of questions for exams
- Allowing a memory aid for exams
- Allowing breaks during the exams
- Not deducting marks for spelling.
- The assistance of other persons and the use of specialized equipment may also be required to accommodate the student’s needs.